Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Welcome to The Deal of the Day

For several months now, I've been doing a "Deal of the Day" as part of my show on NRAnews.com and Sirius Satellite Radio. I wanted to have a place to collect these stories, and rather than use my existing blog, I figured a new site would be best. So here we are.

What exactly is a "Deal of the Day"? It's a case where the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Obviously this is a subjective standard, but you'd be amazed at how often I find cases that just don't seem to pass the smell test.

Big city politicians have been trying to blame an uptick in violent crime on a lack of gun control laws, but what I hope to show is that when criminals aren't facing adequate punishment for their actions, they will be tempted to repeat their behavior.

Rather than going after law abiding gun owners, why don't we get serious about these violent offenders? It seems to me it would make more sense.

If you see a story that you think would make a good "Deal of the Day", feel free to email it to me at thedealoftheday-at-gmail-dot-com

Thanks for reading, and prepare to get ticked off!

1 comment:

VSSA Legislative Chairman said...

Boy am I glad to see this. I plan to use this as a resource whenever one of my contacts in the criminal justice professions whines about how guns are the cause of violent crime.